Translate

Thursday 6 September 2012

Blackberry Ice Cream Recipe

Normally when I use fruit I normally make a sorbet but this one is made with a non dairy cream substitute. I have made blackberry sorbet before and I actually prefer it with a "cream" base instead.

What you'll need:
- 3 cups of blackberries
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 1/3 cup of water
- non dairy cream substitute (I use nutriwhip)





In a pot add the blackberries, sugar and water. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes till the blackberries are soft.

Pour the blackberries into a strainer over a bowl, use a fork to push the blackberries through the strainer. Let it cool.

Once it's done cooling add it to your non dairy cream.

Assemble your ice cream maker, turn it on and pour mixture into the machine. Let it churn for about 30-45 minutes.

Once it's done, scoop some into a serving dish and enjoy!!


Pin It

2 comments: